Juice Cleanse Winner – Rose KepuJanuary 27, 2018
Tips To Consider Before Joining A Smoothie Franchise & Facts To KnowAugust 25, 2018
Let’s start juicing?
It’s easy but yes, it does take time! These tips and tricks will help make it a fun and smooth process for you.
Getting Ready to Juice:
- Select your juicer. Refer to our Juicer Buying Guide to purchase the juicer that is right for you.
- Prepare your grocery list. Before making a trip to the store or market, make your grocery list so you know exactly how many fruits and vegetables to purchase. Or use our juice recipesto help make your list. (disclaimer: juice taste varies and individual preference)
- Save time. Prepare your fruits and veggies the night before if you plan on making a morning juice by selecting the ingredients for your juice, washing the produce, placing them in a storage container in the fridge and assembling the juicer in your kitchen so it’s ready to go.
- Now, start juicing. Wash, cut and juice! Follow the following steps to make your juice(s) and start flooding your body with nutrients from all of the fruits and vegetables.
How to Make a Juice:
- Wash produce thoroughly. Unwashed produce can be contaminated with bacteria so this is an important step in the juicing process.
- Line your juicer’s pulp basket. If you have a juicer that has a pulp basket, line it with a plastic bag for easy clean-up.
- Cut or tear produce to fit through the juicer.Just before juicing, cut any produce that might be too large to fit through the juicer whole. Once you start cutting vegetables they begin to lose nutrients so it’s best to cut just before juicing, but if you really need to save on time, you may want to add this step to your preparation.
- Feed produces through the juicer.If your juicer has more than one speed, don’t forget to down-shift from high to low for softer fruits. Most juicers come with a chart in the instruction manual to help guide you on speeds. Usually hard produce like apples and beets are on High and soft ones like spinach or cabbage are set to Low.
- Re-juice your pulp.Once produce has been passed through the juicer, check to see if your pulp is still damp. If it is, pass it back through your juicer and you’ll be able to get more juice from the leftovers! (disclaimer: Please refer to juicer manual for more information or if it is recommended and not damaging the juicer)
- Drink up and juice on.At this point, you should have a fresh juice ready for you to drink! Drink it as soon as possible because once it’s juiced it starts to lose nutritional value overtime. If stored properly, it can last up to 2 days max but remember that there are no preservatives in fresh juice (which is why we love it!) so it can go bad quickly. If you prefer it cold, pour over ice.
- Now it’s time to clean your juicer.(Unfortunately, there is no alternative to this procedure.) Carefully scrub your machine with warm water and soap and place on a drying mat. Check the owner’s manual to see if your juicer is dishwasher friendly for an even faster clean. Make sure you scrub thoroughly and not having any pulp or residual which might contaminate your next juice.
Tips for Storing a Juice:
- Make a double batch. Make more than one juice, have half right away, and then store the rest for your juice later that day or the following day. This will help ensure you get the most potent juice possible for at least one serving if you don’t mind drinking the same juice flavor again.
- Store in the fridge.Juice will keep for 24-48 hours in the fridge (72 hours is maximum time suggested). If you are traveling bring your juice in a cooler.
- Keep in airtight container.Store your juices in glass airtight containers for best results.
- Fill container full. Fill juice to the top of your preferred container to prevent oxygen from getting in which can deplete the nutrients.
- Freezing is also an option but less desirable than refrigeration. If you do freeze your juice do it immediately after juicing. Thaw in the refrigerator and drink within 7-10 days of freezing. (Disclaimer: Not recommended)
- Store in the correct environment. The juice should be stored in a dark, cool environment away from heat and light.
Alternatively, Smoothie Factory can help you prepare your favorite juice.